I’ve had this idea for the longest time, but it took me a while to get a box large enough to make it happen. Our first attempt – on an icy day in February where we stuck inside – wasn’t perfect because we didn’t have the best supplies to set it up. But it was also good because it ended up turning into an opportunity to experiment with what would work based on size and weight.
We set this up by taking half of a very large box and then stapling on halves of wrapping paper tubes and paper towel rolls.
Then we experimented with different balls and round objects to see what would work the best. We tried everything from a plastic egg from their toy food set to fuzzy pompoms to a small magnetic O to a plastic dirt boulder from their Little People trucks (which was the most successful).
I was worried that Love Bug would be upset about the things that didn’t make it all the way down, but he had fun doing it as an experiment.