Yet another hand print leaf project for fall, but a little different than the others.
We first traced Love Bug’s arm on a piece of construction paper and taped it on a white paper. I got this idea to remove the arm print afterwards and just leave that blank white space and thought that would be a nice change.
I also decided that instead of giving him a few different fall leaf colors, we’d do a mini color mixing lesson. So I just gave him red and yellow, and we talked about how they combine to make orange. This way, he’d end up with a little red, yellow, and orange.
To get the leaves, we used a scrub brush. I’d gotten that idea on the site where I first found it, but we used a different type of brush that gave a completely different effect. It worked best for him to kind of bang the brush on the paper to really make the “leaves” appear.
Once Love Bug was finished, Sweet Pea felt the need to take a turn and bang the brush exactly the way his brother had done (because he feels the need to do everything that his brother does). So he added a bunch of leaves, too, which is really cool because this way it was a project that they made together!
Before we removed the arm print:
Our finished product…not really how I expected it to look but I really like it, especially the way the colors looked.