This is our bubble painting. I’d found this here a while ago and have been waiting impatiently for warm weather to get outside and do this.
It was fun but a little tricky to get it right. Basically all we did was add some blue paint to our bubbles. The trick was knowing how much paint to add. I’d tried something similar before, and no color showed up, so I knew I didn’t have enough paint. But when I put in too much, the consistency of the bubble mixture made it difficult to blow bubbles really well.
The intent of this was to have Love Bug catch the bubbles with the paper. It ended up being more like him trying to blow bubbles but them popping quickly over the paper, which still worked out.
We also tried putting the bubble paint into our bubble blowing machine. I thought that’d be good because the bubbles come out so fast, but with the paint it wasn’t really working too well, so I don’t think I’d do that again.
I’m really happy with how it looks, though. The picture doesn’t quite do it justice because there are a lot of really small blue dots that don’t really show up here.